Search This Blog

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Identify Sentence Patterns (2)


Instruction: Identify each sentence pattern below as: SV, SVO, SV-IO-DO, SVC, SV-DO-OC, SVA.

1. He bought his girlfriend a ring.
2. She sings and dances.
3. She made the problem complicated.
4. She goes to school.
5. John and Marry are swimming.
6. He brought me a cup of tea.
7. The company has been very successful.
8. They are in class.
9. He is brave.
10. I called my dog Dodo.
11. They are reading in the library.
12. He has fixed the computer.
13. I wrote my friend a letter.
14. He appointed John his assistant.
15. They are internal auditors.
16. He runs very quickly.
17. Close the window.
18. They made her upset.
19. She was frightened.
20. My brother is doing homework.

Show answer keys

10 comments:

  1. I got 16/20 some are difficult to understand but others are easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very simple and easy to understand the examples at once

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a doubt in the 17th sentence.

    How did you mention `Close the window` as SVO

    Could you please explain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indirectly close the window refers You close the window ...so ans is svo

      Delete
  5. I am confused on number 4, 9, 12, 16, and 19. Enlighten me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He made Rahul Doctor
    The train left early
    We have considered her clever till now

    ReplyDelete