Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Noun Clause Markers


Noun clauses are derived from statement, yes/no question, or wh question. Hence, there are three groups of noun clause markers including THAT, WH WORDS, and IF/WHETHER.


THAT


That he is innocent is well supported.
We believe that no one is perfect.


WH WORDS


how

I want to know how we can promote our products.

however

However we did was not helpful.

what

His remark was what we didn’t expect.

whatever

Whatever they did was for their kids.

when

Could you tell when he will come back?

whenever

Whenever you come is OK for me.

where

I don’t know where he lives.

wherever

Wherever the criminal goes needs investigation.

which

I can’t remember which book is mine.

whichever

I will accept whichever phone you give.

who

Who broke the glass is unknown.

whoever

Send whoever subscribe our services the email.

whom

I am grateful to whom support me.

whose

I don’t know whose house it is.

why

Tell us why you were so sad.


IF / WHETHER


If and whether are used interchangeably with same meaning.

I don’t know if / whether you like apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment